About the song. This one is half cheating because I had the idea and some of the elements years ago, but I rewrote it and finished it today. That counts, right? Yes, yes it does. (even if it is still acapella)
The inspiration for this song comes from where most of my inspiration comes from right now. We live and work and help lead worship in a community that ministers to people with all kinds of life-controlling addictions. We constantly watch new ones come and struggle for various lengths of time until they finally find freedom in Jesus. This is an altar call song that I got when I was watching some teenage girls that I had prayed for for a loooong time finally get out of their own way and surrender to God.
Save Me
Lord I'm tired of making a mess of things
And I'm ready to come and confess my need
I know there is no other remedy
Jesus, You're the only one who can save me
Save me from me
And all the wrong choices I've made
Save me from me
I've made so many mistakes
Save me from me
Do what only You can do
Save me from me all for You
Release me from the chains of sin
That bind me to this world
I long to be bound to only You
Teach my heart to know Your ways
I want to do Your will
I know I have a purpose to fulfill
10 comments:
Wow! That was worth the wait! I love it, "all for You." Yeah.
I can "hear" the instruments behind you. :)
Uh... that was El. Sorry.
Molly,
This is amazing!
Chels Moore
Beautiful, Molly Rose. Please keep writing.
I SECOND what Kathy said. You. Are. A. Songwriter! You're also so many other amazing things, but keep going with this....love it!
Beautiful, just beautiful.
Yes! Keep writing! This is a powerful song, Molly - I love it so much!
This is so great Molly.
I really like this one.
Post a Comment