So I'm late to this 5in5 party, I'm not a musician nor a prolific songwriter. So what am I doing here? I'm here for the fun, Baby! I thought this would be something fun for @jayrodnick and I to work on together. Who knows if we'll actually make the quota, but we'll enjoy the attempt even if the songs are simple.
Wrote this one today. It's a mess, but what do you want from a one take vocal? Jared's working on a track for it in Garage Band, but I just pulled him into it a little while ago so it's just me for now. Besides, he is insisting that I sing in the "same key" or something like that throughout the whole song so it's going to have to wait. But it's out there now. Thanks for the nudge @danieljohn.
Join the Song
You taught the earth to praise You
Before we drew a breath
Now I learn and I listen
As it does what it does best
So let my heart be pure and quiet
like after winter snow
And be quick to glorify You
Like spring rivers flow
Let my passion burn like height of summer
Fierce in dark of night
Let me humbly fall before You
Like leaves in autumn's downward flight
Whoa oh oh oh He taught the earth to praise
Whoa oh oh oh won't you join the song today
11 comments:
Love it! You and your awesome smoky vocals . . . piano men are so picky about keys! : )
great job Molly, I really like it!
love love love! YAY! "smoky vocals" perfect description for sure!
I LOVE YOUR VOICE!! And I really like this song, too.
I'm so amazed by you! I'm full to bursting today with the thrill of knowing so well all these hugely creative people.
This is B-E-A-utiful, Molly! When you sing like that, a piano would just ruin things, IMHO! :)
Oh, Molly! I love you, and I love this song. Can't wait to hear what else you write!
Thanks everyone! I love you all too!
I am cracking up because some of the "breathyness" of this recording is due to the fact that I got the melody in the LIBRARY and wanted to get it recorded before it flew away. So I'm "singin' in the stacks" trying to be quiet!
Singing in the stacks! You are a true artist. I love the visual of the earth praising God through the seasons. Love, love, love it.
Wow! That was great Molly!! Loved it!
you are amazing friend! I think you should write "singing in the stacks"...beautiful!
Post a Comment